Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yummy filled cupcakes

I saw a post for these cupcakes, that looked so good, I just had to try them. Lately I've been realizing my tendency to make the same things over and over again. I decided this year, my new thing to try would be different types of frosting and cupcake recipes. Here's my first, I found it on skiptomylou's blog. I cut the filling recipe in half, I used:

1/6 cup powdered sugar (i eyeballed it)
3.5 oz fluff (eyeball)
pinch salt (could do without it, i thought it wasn't necessary, but it's not my recipe)
1/2 TBSP water
1/4 cup butter

This was my first time making filled cupcakes. I used a funfetti mix I got on sale after Christmas, forgot to add the sprinkles to the mix and the kids were horrified, so I added them to the top of the dough in the oven. I had a bit of a rough time, getting the filling into my decorator (I don't have a bag)- so that was a tad messy, but yummy to lick off my fingers. Here's what they looked like before the frosting:



You can see the half batch of filling made it through the 20 cupcakes, I'll have to do a cross section to tell for sure.

Here's a cross section:



The final product:



Guess who got to lick the frosting bowl?



If you want to make "delicioumess" (as Owen said) cupcakes, you should try these!

No comments:

Post a Comment