Friday, April 15, 2011

Welcoming and caring for baby

I've been away for a while because of my new bundle of joy, Maeve.  She was born on St. Patrick's Day and between taking care of her and her four siblings, and trying to build our new house, I barely have time to eat, let alone cook or craft :(

Introducing, Maeve:




Having the four older kids has really made a HUGE difference in taking care of the baby, the kids all LOVE her so much and are always willing to lend a hand.  Sometimes, they even fight over helping me with her, so I came up with an idea to make a "helping with Maeve" chart.  It has worked out wonderfully and eliminated most fights over whose turn it is to hold her, etc.  I used symbols to represent each kid, so even the ones that can't read can figure out their job:

No comments:

Post a Comment