Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Apple Fritters

One of the number one things that excites me about living in the US again is apple picking.  Granted, I have to wait about 6 months until that season is upon us.  I LOVE almost all things apple. When I came upon this apple fritter recipe on pioneer woman's blog (while searching for a dinner recipe)- I stopped in my tracks and began writing down the recipe.  Never again will I buy an apple fritter at Starbucks (never)!

Apple Fritters:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
3/4 whole milk (I used 1%)
2 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP melted butter
2 large apples (grated)

GLAZE:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk

1) In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.

2) In small bowl, whisk eggs, add in milk, butter, and vanilla.  Add these wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix to incorporate (use spatula or wooden spoon, batter is thick).

3) Toss grated apples into the batter.

4) Heat up pan with about 1/2 inch of oil over medium heat.  While oil is heating, mix together glaze (powdered sugar and salt in bowl, whisk in vanilla and milk) in a small bowl and set aside.  When oil is hot, drop scoops of batter in.  Let them cook about 1 minute, then flip and let them cook about 2 more minutes.  Don't make scoops too big, maybe like a doughnut hole sized scoop.  I used a small cookie scoop.

5) Let cool on a plate covered with a paper towel.

6)Dip in glaze.


7) ENJOY!
No one can eat just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment