Monday, April 2, 2012

Tuxedo Cake (take two)

Last year, before I moved from Japan, I made and posted about this triple layer chocolate Tuxedo cake from the Pastry Queen cookbook.  Well, the cake had tipped off the stand that was too small and I didn't know what I was doing with my camera, as far as lighting goes.  Seeing as I've come a bit further with my photo skills, I thought I'd remake the cake and use it as my subject for my still life assignment for my class.
Last night, Dave and I were having fun photographing the cake until 11 pm.  I'm teaching him everything I know so that when (and if) my new camera arrives, and I pass on my old one to him, he will be skilled.  I hope you like the new pictures as much as I do.
And, I just can't help but include this one- my daughter's ultimate favorite doll, sad baby- the other still life I submitted:




No comments:

Post a Comment