Friday, October 5, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Waffles

So, It's been 3 and 1/2 weeks and I'm still sticking to my paleo challenge.  I've had a few small mishaps (on purpose, like milk in my coffee, some things a mom just can't knock), but I am feeling energetic, strong, less hungry, and just great!  I can't wait until next Monday to see how my workout compares to four weeks ago.  I'm excited to see how much my body has changed too- with the before and after photos.

When I started this challenge, I was worried about what I was going to eat, then I reminded myself of all the things I enjoy cooking.  I also remembered I'm getting good and crafty with spices, so creating meat and veggie dishes that are enjoyable to me was not difficult.  The one thing I knew I would struggle with was baked goods.  Luckily, a member of my crossfit gym pointed me to the blog paleomg.  She has lots of muffin and cake recipes that are gluten, dairy, and sugar free.  The ones I have tried have been pretty decent, but my absolute favorite find, which will be a keeper once I'm not 100% paleo, and it is these waffles!

Seriously, try them, you'll love them.  If you are thinking about being more healthy and trying to be gluten free or just want a new breakfast treat, whip these up, they're easy and tasty!

Pumpkin Waffles:

3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 TBSP pure maple syrup
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1 TBSP vanilla

1) Plug in waffle iron and preheat.

2) Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in medium bowl, set aside.

3) In medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, maple syrup, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.

4) Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.  Cook according to your waffle iron directions.  I made about 3 and 1/2 belgian sized waffles.

5) Serve with fresh fruit and maybe a drizzle of pure maple syrup. YUM!
source:  Paleomg

No comments:

Post a Comment