Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Upcoming Random Acts of Kindness

I'm turning 36 next week- on Valentine's Day.

I don't feel like I'm going to be 36, at least not how I envisioned it to be so "old" when I was a kid.  I don't feel any different than when I was 19 actually. Well, for my birthday, I decided it would be a good time to start thinking about this month's Random Act of Kindness.

I sat down to do one quick thing on my computer tonight and the next thing, I spent an hour searching for Random Acts of Kindness ideas on pinterest and through google (OK fine more than an hour).

I've said it before how so many people make it a point to be extra giving at Christmas, but there are still needs all year long.  My New Year's Challenge was to do one random act of kindness per month.

In January, I was a bit nervous because I hadn't found something to do.  Then, we got snow, lots of snow- and my son and I shoveled my neighbor's entire driveway (7+ inches of snow) and walkway.  (Yes, the next morning when he got home, he opened the garage and there was his snowblower)- he was still appreciative.

I found a post of a woman's Random Acts of Kindess Advent calendar and at the bottom, she had links from people who had also followed her idea.  This led me to a woman who did 38 Random Acts of Kindness on her birthday.  This led me to decide to follow suit.

So, next week, on the day I turn 36, I will commit 36 Random Acts of Kindness.

I've already got several ideas in my head, but I can always use suggestions, so if you read this before my birthday and you think of something, leave a comment.  And, of course, feel free to do your own Random Act of Kindness on my birthday as well.

I'll post the completed acts on the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment