Monday, April 13, 2015

Advantages and excuses

How often have you looked at the workout and immediately thought, "that's not fair for me" ?

I hear it all the time, "tall people have an advantage for wall balls and rowing.
Short people have an advantage for burpees.
Small people have an advantage for bodyweight movements".

It's easy to see this and to rationalize this, isn't it.  And maybe it's even true.  But here's the thing, I don't want to approach any workout and say, "well, I have an unfair advantage".

I may have to work harder on the row because my legs are shorter, but heck if I'm going to let that long legged person take me down.

I have seen a woman shorter than me beat myself and many other people who were longer legged and larger legged on the row.  That was an unfair advantage for her, but she killed it.  Instead of making up excuses, she worked.

I have heard of a 225# man running a faster mile than me- that makes me want to work harder.

Sometimes it seems easier to excuse your score or sell yourself short before starting because the workout "wasn't fair to you".  But, reality is, your score is your score because that's what you were capable of getting.  So what if someone beat you that you didn't expect- if you gave all that you had, that's what counts.

I realize I have some disadvantages, but that makes me work harder.  I work hard because I don't want to have any excuses.  I don't want to look at the guy next to me and think "well he's going to beat me, he's a guy".  I will work harder to give him a run for his money.  I want him to know that if he's going to beat me it's because he earned it by training harder, not because he has an advantage.

I'm not going to let anyone else's advantages become my excuses.  Neither should you.

Go in, work hard.  Train your weaknesses to become your strengths- you will no longer need to worry about advantages and excuses.




3 comments:

  1. Jili Slot เป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์และก็สล็อตออนไลน์ มีเกมสนุกสนานๆให้เลือกเล่นมาก สามารถเข้าไปเล่น jili slot เล่นผ่านเว็บไซต์ของพวกเราได้เลย ที่เว็บไซต์ pgslot

    ReplyDelete
  2. เครดิตฟรี เพียงสมัครเข้ามาเป็นสมาชิกที่เว็บไซต์ของพวกเราเพียงแค่นั้น pg รับฟรีไปเลยในทันที เอาไปใช้เล่นเกมได้จริง มีสิทธิ ลุ้นเครดิตฟรี ได้อีกทั้งสมาชิกเก่า และก็ สมาชิกใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  3. slot pg 123 เกมของทางค่าย pg slot นี้เรียกว่าจัดหนักจัดเต็มกันทุกเกมที่ออกมาเลยเพราะเหตุว่ามีเกมให้เลือกเล่นมากมายมากยิ่งกว่า100รายการเกม ทำให้ผู้เล่นต่างชอบใจเกมของทาง pgslot

    ReplyDelete