Thursday, June 10, 2010

Doughnuts doughnuts doughnuts

While the kids are I were talking about doughnuts the past few weeks, we made these felt doughnuts. I got the idea for these here on skiptomylou. I think it's important for the kids to know how to use a needle and thread, Nathaniel can already sew on a button, he pretty much made his whole doughnut with minimal assistance from me on the sewing machine. We didn't use the colored thread for sprinkles, instead we used plastic tubular beads.

Cutting them out, we used a bowl and shot glass:



Sewing on the beads:



Finished:



We are in the process of making a cardboard drive-thru window for our police car- won't these be cute for the officer to order? (You won't see this until after the summer!)

Something else I've been doing is when I do get the energy and time to do a whole theme on a letter or topic, I make a fabric letter for them. Did you ever have the balloon letter people show up at your classroom when you were young? I used to love having them show up and be able to color them. Next, I want to make the actual matching coloring sheets, but for now, here is our D:



Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Why doughnuts? Check out what we've been seeing in shops here, I'm not sure what the obsession with doughnuts is here, but it's hard not to want to own this cute doughnut stuff- we even got our "nephew dog" a donut chew toy. Shown below are only a few things, there are sooo much more.

Hello kitty shaped donut cell phone charm (what will they think of next?):



Board games:




Kids' baking kits:



Claw machine prizes:



And my absolute favorite:





Do you want to come take our doughnut for a dunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment