Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July Flour Stencils

Happy Fourth of July! I came across this post at Pink and Green Mama and HAD to try it today!!!! This was so fun and kept the kids entertained for over an hour!

I bought the cheapest bag of flour I could find at the grocery store. Using a box cutter, I cut out 2 stars from many of the old cardboard boxes we have lying around. I had just bought 2 sand sifters that were on clearance, and well, the wheel barrow was sitting in the yard... We placed the stencils on the driveway, sifted the flour on top gently, pulled the mold back and voila:



Here's the finished product:



Here's one on grass, we kind of just stuck to the driveway because it was easier for the kids to do, especially the 2 year old.



Nathaniel wanted to write July 4 in stencils too. I cut out the 4, but not the July yet, maybe tomorrow.

After we were done with the stars, I let the kids play (throw) the flour in the backyard, what's the point of being a kid if you can't get messy?

No comments:

Post a Comment