Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Handprint Pillow

Last year, I decided that each year I would make myself some type of keepsake at Thanksgiving using the kids' handprint turkeys.  Last year, we made placemats on paper and laminated them.  This year, I wanted to take it a step further and make a throw pillow cover.  I painted each kid's palm and thumb brown, and let them choose the colors for their feathers.   I added an eye, beak, and gobbler after.  I made the turkey's feet be the initial of the person whose handprint it was.  I added some brown fabric as a border and Charlie Brown autumn fabric for the back, I sewed in velcro so that we can take the cover off the pillow if it needs to be washed.  I hope it doesn't because half the paint is fabric paint and the other half is acrylic, which means it would dull down a bit in the wash.  The kids have been admiring it all night, comparing their hand sizes and feather color choices.   I can't wait to build up my collection over the years.

Here's the back:

No comments:

Post a Comment