The baby girl is really learning how to strike a pose with all the clothes I've been making her and photographing her in. She's getting good, don't you think, she bends forward, leans to the side, puts her hands on her hips, tries to do the Japanese "V" sign, but isn't quite coordinated yet.
For these two outfits, I used my own design for the pants, basically traced her current pants, but made them much wider and added a ruffle on the bottom. Then for the top, I used the Portabellopixie Claire pattern (the bodice and sleeves of the round apron dress only), then I measured out my own skirt to make it tunic-like and added a casing on the outside for the elastic to make it more fashionable. Of course, we added a kitty patch to the front of the first top because there are patches everywhere here, I'll bring my camera along next time I go to Yuzawaya, they have hundreds of patches.
Here is the second one, same design, different fabric. I used the Snorkel Fabric by Cosmo Cricket. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric!
Ready for the runway:
By the way, I know that an owl apparel for April is due, I actually have all the fabric cut out and ready to go, but of course, the dress I am making is VERY difficult and it is a European pattern, so I didn't buy enough fabric. Now, I have to wait a week for it to get here, the frustrating thing about sewing here is you can't just run to the nearest store and get the stuff you ran out of. Luckily we will be on vacation, so I won't be here biting my nails waiting for it to arrive. Here is a sneak preview of the owl fabric, hopefully the dress will be done in about 2 weeks.