Friday, September 28, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Drink Syrup

It's no secret, I love cafe mochas!  They can get quite expensive, so I make them at home as much as possible.  Starbucks used to sell mocha powder, so I could get mine pretty similar tasting to theirs. At the beginning of the summer, I realized that they don't sell the powder anymore and of course, I ran out.  I panicked and then I remembered that I had seen a DIY recipe for chocolate syrup on Annie's Eats.  I actually like it better in my mochas AND I no longer buy chocolate quik for my kids' flavored milk.  

This recipe involved four ingredients and ten minutes of time, it's not much simpler than that!  Once you make it, store it in a squeeze bottle in the fridge and you'll have it whenever you need.
Chocolate Syrup:

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
pinch salt
2 tsp vanilla

1) Mix cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in medium sauce pan.

2) Whisk in water until no lumps remain.  Heat over medium heat to a boil, reduce to a simmer for five minutes, stirring frequently.

3) Remove from heat, let cool five minutes, add in the vanilla, stir.  Let cool and store in your favorite squeeze bottle.



No comments:

Post a Comment