Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Zucchini cakes will you marry my husband?

Seriously, last night for dinner, I made chicken salad, which Dave LOVES. I also made these zucchini cakes my neighbor told me about. Holy party in your mouth! Dave started eating them and didn't stop to get teh chicken salad out of the fridge and to think, I had even gone to great lengths to get croissants at COSTCO for the chicken salad. This is the same Dave that snuffed his nose at me when I first offered him zucchini bread at a Thanksgiving dinner. Oh little did he know I was introducing him to something that has become a staple at our house.

My neighbor found this recipe at this blog, pioneer woman. This link shows you pictures for each step, very nice. I will just write the recipe here how I used it, it's very simple, beware you will eat a LOT!

2 medium zucchini shredded (japanese medium so US small)
heaping 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
heaping 1/2 cup italian style breadcrumbs
2 eggs
4-5 cloves minced garlic (depending on how garlicky you like it)
pinch pepper
1 tsp salt

I heated up olive oil in my frying pan, scooped the batter with a large dinner spoon and kind of pressed it against the side of the bowl and dropped it into the pan, I had it heating up on medium (with my lux gas stove so you might want med high on your electric range)- then let them sit about 7 min because I wanted them crispy, then flipped them and pressed them down to make them flat not balls. Cook them on this side about 5-7 more min and enjoy!

Here's a pic of the ones left after the kids and I ate, Dave ate all but the smallest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment