Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chigiri-e and other art



This is what Nathaniel came home with last Friday from his first Chigiri-e class. Chigiri-e is a japanese paper tearing art class. You tear paper and glue it to make a picture. I am impressed by this artwork from a 6 year old first timer and the fact that his teacher didn't really need to help him. In fact, if I didn't know any better, I'd think this was store bought. This post was supposed to be solely about Nathaniel's surprisingly amazing chigiri-e creation, until I saw this other amazing artwork:





This artwork was done with dot to dot markers. Yes, I know the difference between boys and girls, girls like wearing lipstick! She must have overheard me talking on the phone about her tendency to dot her lips because the next thing I knew, they were dotted many times over!

No comments:

Post a Comment