Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oreo cookie balls

Once you pop, you can't stop! I got the idea again from Bakerella. I sort of modified the recipe and made it a bit more work than hers, but well worth it. What I did was after I made the filled cupcakes (see Yummy filled cupcakes- back in january) for our neighborhood international night, I had about half left and didn't want it to go to waste.

Here's what I did, I crushed a pack of Oreos (US sized) in my food processor. Then I mixed in the rest of the filling and about 4 oz cream cheese. Here's what it looked like:



Then, I formed it into balls and set them on waxed paper. I melted white chocolate and dipped the balls in, let them harden on the wax paper for a few minutes, then transferred them to a plate.





These were so simple to make and I got TONS of compliments on them.

For the filling, I used 1/6 c confectioner's sugar, 3 oz marshmallow fluff, 1/2 TBSP water, pinch salt, mixed with my hand mixer for a minute until fluffy. So simple, so GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment