Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes

And yes, they taste as good as they sound!!!! I found these online today at this blog, Annie's Eats. I HAD to make them today. I was missing a few ingredients, so I made a couple substitutions and the results were AMAZING (I think anyways)!

For the cupcakes:

3 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter and brown sugar (I let it mix for a minute or so). Add the eggs while mixing. Next, I added the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mixed a bit. Then, I added the milk and mixed. Finally, I added the vanilla and mixed about 1 minute, then I put in the chocolate chips and let it mix on low for about 30 seconds.

I baked them in the oven at 350' for about 20 minutes. I will warn you that this yielded a LOT of cupcakes (23 mini, and 19 large). I bet a half batch would be perfect if your just making them for your family and not a large party- that's what I'll do next time.

While the cupcakes were baking, I mixed up the filling, here's where I made it my own:

Filling:

4 TBSP butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
7 oz. marshmallow fluff
1/2 cup flour
2 TBSP milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

I blended all ingredients with a hand mixer and then I put it directly into my decorator. I used a wide open tip so that the mini chips would not get stuck when I was filling the cupcakes. I stuck the tip in each cupcake and squeezed some filling in. If it would not move because a chip was stuck in the tip, I stuck a chopstick in and pushed it back. You might want to try grating chocolate bits and putting that into the filling to avoid clogging the tip.

Frosting: ( I made up my own, I could not even fathom using 3 sticks butter in the icing like the recipe that I found)

4 TBSP butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 TBSP flour
1/2 box confectioner's sugar (sorry I didn't measure the exact amount - it was a 1 lb box)
2 tsp vanilla
3-4 TBSP milk (again, I didn't measure)
the rest of the filling mixture

I creamed the butter and brown sugar, then added the flour and some confectioner's sugar. I added about 1 TBSP milk, then more sugar, then more milk until the frosting showed the thickness I wanted, and finally, I added the vanilla. I let it mix for a few minutes, so it was nice and fluffy. I put in the rest of the filling mix because I didn't want to waste is and it was about 1/4 cup that I had left. I put the icing in my decorator and voila:



The inside:



I don't know, this guy reminds me of a dollop of frosting:



If you like cookie dough, you must try these because they actually taste like cookie dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment